You can extend the life of any item of clothing by wearing it sparingly … that means stocking up on plenty of STEELE gear will help each t-shirt, tank top, pair of shorts and tights in your collection last longer. After you wear your new favorite gear, keep it looking and feeling fresh by following these tips for normal upkeep. Check the care and content label. This label has garment specific information on how to care for your gear.
T-Shirts and Tanks
Wash in cold water with a mild, cold-water detergent.
Spot treat any stains as needed before laundering by hand or machine washing on a medium cycle.
For normal care, turn the shirt inside out before washing.
Minimally use fabric softeners.
For heavily stained shirts, try washing a few times with a mild detergent before drying; if possible, avoid high heat, high wash cycles and strong detergents.
Air- or flat-dry your shirts or tumble dry on low or medium heat. Avoid over drying, which can cause your clothes to wear out faster or possibly even burn your 100 percent cotton clothing.
Remove clothes from the dryer as soon as they are dry to prevent wrinkling.
Folding or hanging your clothes up right away can always save on ironing time.
Better yet, invest in a steamer, not an iron. Most guys hate irons, and its time consuming. A steamer is a million times quicker and more efficient.
- Machine wash inside-out in cold water with like colors
- Use powdered detergent instead of liquid detergent
- Don’t wring excess water
Don’t dry clean
- Allow the garment to air dry, or tumble dry on low heat.
- Don’t use bleach, dryer sheets or fabric softener
- If you need to iron your STEELE shorts, use the cool setting to avoid damaging logos or designs.
STEELE Compression garments require careful washing to protect the fabric and enhance its performance life. All STEELE Compression garments are engineered from powerful, technical and durable fabrics featuring world-class INVISTA LYCRA® fibre.
That said, even world-leading fabrics have product lives. To ensure your STEELE Compression garments deliver optimal performance and durability, we recommend you take the following steps:
- Rinse in clean, cold water after a workout or swimming – sweat and chlorine will accelerate the degeneration of elastane
- Hand wash in cold water is recommended. If using a machine, select a cold water setting for delicates
- Use a mild detergent – strong detergents can accelerate the degeneration of elastaneDo not bleach
- Do not iron
- Do not tumble dry
- Do not dry in direct sunlight.
Other care tips:
Please refer to the additional care instructions attached to your STEELE Compression apparel to ensure its life is maximized and warranty is not void.